This is a mirror of a previous article I wrote and maintained (between October 2009 & August 2010) while I was working at the University of Nottingham. It's included here as an archive.
Here's the simple steps required to get your University email account sync'd with your iPhone.
- From the Home screen, select Settings
- Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Select Add Account...
- Select Microsoft Exchange
- Enter your information into the form
- Enter the server name
- Turn on Mail and Calendar only
It's the icon with the gears/cogs
Email addresses are normally in the format:
- email@example.com for staff
- firstname.lastname@example.org for students
On iOS4, and maybe some earlier versions), there is a new box Use SSL below Description
It is important to check that Use SSL is set to ON. I hope to update the screenshots soon.
Synchronizing Contacts will remove any personal contacts already in the phone
Now you should have your University email on the move.
If you still have a problem, please contact the IT Helpline.