A few days ago I got my hands on a copy of Confluence 3.5. Atlassian are billing this as their "biggest release ever", and a casual glance at the release notes suggests that this is true.
There's a whole host of real improvements bundled with this release.
Here's a rundown of some of the stand out new features...
- The ability to quickly create and link a JIRA issue from within a Confluence page
- Improved AD & LDAP connections -- including nested LDAP groups (yes)
- HTML5 drap & drop -- no more using Google Gears
- Simpler ways to watch & share pages and blog post
- A smarter slicker dashboard
- Spaces now live in categories in the new Spaces Directory
Perhaps my favourite new feature of all has been completely overlooked by most people -- thumbnail images can now handle transparencies. This is a "small improvement" that allows me to sleep a little easier. Yes. Really.
And here's the video tour: